Friday, August 28, 2015

Texas' SoupMobile and dentist give former homeless man reason to smile


Since getting his teeth fixed, Harvor Davis can't stop smiling.
When Davis was living on the streets in Dallas, Texas, about five years ago, he came into contact with a man named David Timothy, aka The SoupMan who founded the SoupMobile, a non-profit mobile soup kitchen that feeds the homeless.
After getting to know each other, Timothy asked Davis if he'd like to volunteer at the SoupMobile, and he's been working there ever since as the warehouse manager.
"David told me how much he loved what he does and it sounded like something I'd enjoy and I really love what I do," Davis told TODAY.com. "From the moment I met David he didn't take a smile off his face and it really touched my heart. I wanted to smile like that."
Timothy connected Davis with his dentist, Lee Fitzgerald, who ended up giving him dental implants in July at no charge. Since he hasn't visited the dentist since he was a kid, Davis was nervous and didn't know what to expect, but Dr. Fitzgerald made him feel at home.
"My smile used to be green and ugly, but now when I smile everyone smiles back," Davis said.
Source: http://www.today.com/health/texas-soupmobile-dentist-give-former-homeless-man-reason-smile-t41306 
More dental news: Aurident is proud to offer the Optimet-DS 6000 Advanced Dental Lab Scanner and Exocad software. Easy-to-Use, Fully-Automatic, High-Accuracy 3-D Scans for All Dental Applications. Call us at (800) 422-7373 for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment